I've meant to write about this for almost a month now and kept getting sidetracked. While in NC, I worked with one of my clients on a partnership with a local CSA program. Because we lived so far away from where I worked (close to 50 miles one way, translating to a good two hours of NPR time a day), I couldn't get personally involved.
Once we moved, one of our first priorities was scoping out the local farmers' markets, which led me right back to the CSA concept. Luckily, we found One Straw Farm, which has a CSA drop-off on my way home from work. It really is the perfect way to eat fresh fruits and veggies while supporting local farming - plus we get great tips on recipes and cooking techniques when we pick up our food! Our weekly grocery shopping routine now includes picking up our weekly subscription from the farm, then heading to the store for a (very) few incidentals we might need. We try to limit those as much as possible, and have been very successful so far.
You can find a list of your local CSA programs here or here.
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment