After arriving home VERY late last night, I was looking forward to sleep and some time to recuperate and heal my wounds (more on that later!). If only...
At 6 a.m., through my sleepy haze, I hear aggressive banging on our front door and the doorbell going off. I thought Matt had walked Molly early for some reason and been locked out, but no, they're both right there sleeping. Matt headed downstairs to investigate and opened the door to a ragged woman.
Her: "Can I ask you a question?"
Matt: "Is it important? It's 6 a.m."
she repeated her question, he repeated his question
Her: "Can i have some pennies?"
Matt: "For what?"
Her: "For WHAAAT? For JESUS!"
We eventually had to tell this obviously mentally ill woman to get off our property or we'd call the police. What would you have done? Was there a better way to handle the situation? Our brains weren't quite functioning yet...not exactly the refreshing start to the week I had envisioned.
The weekend was fabulous and pictures will be up later.
4 comments:
Oh my, I would've handled that the exact same way. But since I live alone, I freak out a little more when someone I don't know is at my doorstep. I usually only open the door a little. Enough to talk to them and that's it. I also was given a pistol by my last employer when I made the comment, "do I look like the type of female that carries a pocket knife?" I learned how to shoot it and now feel safer living in the middle of a metropolis. One can never be too careful these days, as far as I'm concerned.
OMG...seriously?! I thought these crazy things only happened in our neck of the woods! Ugh...what a weirdo! I probably would have called the cops as soon as i shut the door, to let them know a mentally ill woman is wandering around.
Bmore's homeless are aggressive, yo.
Omg, I don't know what's funnier, her answer (which I in my head Jesus is pronounced the way Nathan says it, "Cheezus!") or Lindsay's comment.
I can't decide if I would have just given her the pennies or if I would have done the same thing you guys did.
Post a Comment