Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seriously?

When I moved south of the Mason-Dixon line to finally be with the guy I married, I was fresh out of central New York and - for all intents and purposes - an Eskimo. Average snowfall in Syracuse? 114.6 inches. That's a lot of snow.

March in North Carolina opened up a whole new world to me. This world included spring weather before June and 70-degree sunshine before July 4th (before April Fools' Day, even!). It didn't take much getting used to and I quickly forgot what things could be like "up north."

It's cold, people. It's barely breaking 50 degrees right now. After one day of 60+ degree weather last weekend, I turned the heat off and sent my winter coat to the dry cleaner. "HA HA, SUCKA!" said Mother Nature, who proceeded to dial the temps down to the 30s for the rest of the week.

My stubborn streak refused to turn the heat back on for 2-3 days. Instead, I opted for the totally hawt look of flannel PJs, socks, sweats, and a full length robe (all at the same time...Matt's a lucky man) whilst padding around the house shivering. It was only the sight of Molly and Jake huddled together for warmth, staring balefully in my direction, that broke me. The heat's back on and probably isn't going off anytime soon.

I miss North Carolina.


p.s. CONGRATULATIONS to hubs, the newest member of the University of Maryland National Trial Team!

0 comments: