Roughly two years ago, I bought an economy-sized bottle of Vitamins for Grown Up Ladies Who Take Care of Themselves and are Generally Put Together and Fabulous. I plunked it on my desk at work (seeing is remembering) and vowed to take those suckers every day.
Here's what that vow looked like in practice:
Day 1: Get to work, settle in, pop a horse pill, start working, try to keep breakfast from reappearing...wait, what?
Day 2: Try swallowing those things with lunch, that'll be better...or not.
Day 3: With dinner? Worse, in fact.
Day 4: Before bed? Not so much, still nauseous as hell.
In fact, for the past two years, the only time I've successfully kept those damn vitamins down is by taking them with a protein shake in the middle of the afternoon and ensuring that my stomach is never, ever, for the love of God EVER, empty. It's a pain and I haven't been as consistent as I'd like to be, especially now with the Vegan Diet Experiment (ongoing!).
Enter: Trader Joe's Gummi Vites for Kids. It's CANDY. And a VITAMIN. In the shape of a BEAR. And no nausea! Hallelujah!
8 years ago
2 comments:
Vitamins make me nauseous too! I'll have to try Trader Joe's...Good to know - thanks babe!
haha good system! what's better than eating yummy snacks AND getting healthier for it?!
Post a Comment