Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

The same as millions of others, I seem to always make half-hearted New Years resolutions, regardless of the month.

Over the past year, we've banished high fructose corn syrup from our lives, limited our preservative intake and consumed local, fresh ingredients. We limited our dinners out, but when we didn't cook at home, we made it a priority to patronize local restaurants; gone are the days of mass-produced chain eateries.

None of these things resulted from New Years resolutions, but more of a slow progress toward the kind of people we aspire to be.

This year, I WILL
  1. Spend a little more time on me and things that make me happier, healthier and fitter.
  2. Simplify my life.
The second goal will be the harder, but I'm starting slow. I canceled my MySpace account and purged over 150 people from my Facebook network, paring down to the people I truly care about (for the most part...this is HARD, people). I want to buy less, laugh more, and spend more time enjoying life with my family and friends.

Maybe I will even slow down, appreciate more, become adventurous in my cooking, or just be perfectly content with silence.

What are YOUR goals for life in 2009?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff Mrs. Bana - mwah mwah mwah