I put this post off for a few days because I didn't know how to start summing up the weekend. After a 25 month engagement, Naomi and Anthony are finally Mr. and Mrs. Everything was absolutely perfect, hurricane be damned, and we had a fabulous time. They are now sunning themselves on a beach in Fiji ::jealous:: I posted picture highlights here.
On the drive back to Maryland, we stopped for a yummy Sunday brunch in Manhattan with Heather and Arion. So much love for two of our favs! Also, FLY EAGLES FLY!
Molly and Jake spent the weekend with a carefully vetted and professional pet sitter (McCain could take some pointers from us, ahem). Jake, our lover boy, had absolutely no problems adjusting to the new environment and even made out with some friends (he's a voracious licker, that slut). Molly, our special needs child, had a bit of a rougher time and never really relaxed around the sitter's three dogs and two cats. Jakey seemed to realize that his sister was having a tough time and snuck into her room to sleep with her at least one of the nights. We did get some very comprehensive feedback from the sitter and will use that to figure out what to do with our kiddos moving forward. Man, I really miss Camp Canine.
They were both exhausted when we picked them up and have been snuggling with us ever since. Jake is getting so big, I can't get over it. I wish the baby stage lasted forever.
8 years ago
2 comments:
i get such a fuzzy feeling when we make the blog... or maybe that's just coogee in my lap!! either way ;) mwah mwah mwah
I love hearing about your furbabies and can feel how much you love them through your writing. Whenever you and Matt decide to add two-legged babies to the family they are going to be the best loved kids around!
Post a Comment