Thanks to my hellacious week and a desire to procrastinate as much as possible, I will attempt the 5 things "I Don't Get" meme. And by "attempt" I mean I will try and limit myself to only 5, and will exclude anything having to do with the current election cycle (well, almost) which will only incense you, my lovely reader.
I DON'T GET:
1. Literalists. As in the Bible, the Constitution, Adam Smith. Really? I mean, if you sit down with yourself, deep deep inside, you think every little word is true? You think it applies equally to now as it did then? And conversely, that you can't apply the message to now as you couldn't then? I just don't think this gives the authors as much credit as they deserve, nor do I think it gives your brain as much credit as it may deserve.
2. Golf. If Tiger Woods had to hit the ball in the cup by avoiding the windmill AND getting tackled by three guys who weigh around 300 pounds, I might be interested.
3. Small Dogs. Of the "Toy" Breed varieties: Chihuahuas, terriers that weigh under 10 pounds, Pomeranians. There's a fine line between dog and rodent, and these cross it.
4. Coin purses. Just...why?
5. High fructose corn syrup. I hate that this sneaky bastard of a devil-juice is hidden EVERYWHERE. I'm willing to read every single ingredient list of every food I ingest to make sure the grossness stays very far away from my body...because I just don't get it.
1 comments:
I agree entirely with number 1. I have always felt that certain important documents were meant to be able to develop and grow with time.
Second, although I own a Pomeranian, he is not typical for his breed. He can catch a frisbee, rolls in mud, voluntarily swims, has tackled a duck to the ground then followed the whole flock out to a lake where he jumped in and attacked them even more. Definitely not a typical prissy breed of dog. Half of that I can atrtibute to Shana's dogs socializing him.
The last time he saw Shiner and Beaux, he let them chase him around the house and made them trip over each other, which resulted in a dog pile and Jagger jumping on top of it. He stuck his tiny head in Shiner's mouth and bit his tongue, then bounced off the couch onto Beaux's head.
Post a Comment