Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bubula

The toughest thing about moving is having to find a new doctor, a new dentist, a trusty car place, the best grocery stores...the list goes on. At the very top of my priorities is finding a new salon and spa. Can't live without my facials and massages, you see. Before we head out of town this weekend for Stephen and Jessica's wedding, I thought I'd try a new place.

Don't think I went in blind, because I know better than that. I logged on to Citysearch and found the salon with the highest ratings closest to our house. I made an appointment and thought I was set. Until I tried to find the place, when the Mapquest directions led me to a nursing home.

I called the salon, thinking I was lost. Nope, not lost, I was told. "Turn right inside the door." Huh, okay...this salon is INSIDE a nursing home? The Bubula vanity plate on the Oldsmobile in the parking lot should have been my first clue.

I could go on about the abuse my scalp received during shampooing, or the hissy fit a one Mrs. Katz threw when she had to wait 30 seconds before she was sitting in the chair, but I don't really want to relive the experience. Needless to say, the quest continues.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

greatest. story. ever. told.