Since I had meetings and interviews scheduled in B-more late last week and early this week, I decided to stay at my childhood home in the Philly 'burbs over the weekend. I was anticipating a relaxing time that would mentally prep me for the days and weeks ahead.
I almost always look forward to returning to PA, and yet within hours of arriving, feel homesick and want to go "home" to NC. While I'm proud that the home I've built with my husband is truly the place I want to be, it's a hard realization that the Main Line is not my home.
I haven't lived in PA in almost a decade. None of my high school friends live in the state any more. I know it hurts my mom's feelings to see how uncomfortable I am here, but I'm horrible at pretending. It's a situation neither of my younger brothers can relate to, as they both still live in the house we grew up in and at least a handful of their high school friends remain in the tri-state area.
At least I go home tomorrow.
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment