When Matt came home from Iraq, we took a few months (okay, fine, that first year) to find our groove. We adjusted to living together again, with all that entails.
Food was an issue. I've always minimized my meat intake and was even a vegetarian for a few years. Matt is more of the Man = Meat-eater philosophy. We decided to explore a vegetarian and vegan lifestyle together. We both felt amazing, but Matt felt that he was dropping weight too quickly and I didn't know how practical it would be to keep up. I also felt vaguely hypocritical about the whole thing, since I love my leather shoes and purses and we have plenty of other non-vegan products in our home.
A year later, we're giving it another go. Over the past 12 months, we've transitioned many of our consumer products (home cleaning items, soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc.) to almost entirely vegan options. I'm now following a strict vegan diet (as much as I love cheese, it really doesn't love me back), while Matt is incorporating egg whites into his food choices. I'll keep you posted on our progress!
Here's to the Food Experiment, round 2.
1 comments:
I can't wait to hear how it goes. You have to share some recipes, I would love to include more vegetarian dishes in our menu.
Post a Comment