It's been a while, hasn't it? Almost a month, in fact. I have some fabulous posts - Valentine's pictures, dining room redesigns, Syracuse bball games. Alas, all those posts are in my head. And I'm a bit sick of me at the moment.
I thought I'd bring this meme here to give you a peek at the person I spend my entire day with. Every day. All day every day. DAY IN AND DAY OUT. ECHO... ECHO... ECHO...
What are your middle names?
My middle name is my maiden name. His middle name is Thomas.
How long have you been together?
Over 13 years, and married for five this October.
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I can't remember a time where we didn't know each other. We started going to the same school together in fifth grade.
Who asked whom out?
He probably asked me in one of those totally awkward teenage moments.
How old are each of you?
Staring down the barrel of 30. Or, ya know, 27.
Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine, seeing as how he's an only child.
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I think the thing that causes the most stress in our lives, and consequently the most stress in our marriage, is the same as it is for a lot of couples: work. I'm not as good a communicator as he is, and he's probably had to spend way too much time than is fair trying to pull things out of me. I'm working on that. I'm always working on that.
Did you go to the same school?
Only during middle school. We attended separate high schools, colleges, and now, graduate schools.
Are you from the same home town?
Sort of. He's from Wayne (PA) and I'm from Bryn Mawr, but they're both in the same school district.
Who is smarter?
Our brains work differently, but the reason our relationship is successful is because we are on the same level, intellectually.
Who is the most sensitive?
Ahem. Next question.
Where do you eat out most as a couple?
A nearby vegan Asian restaurant.
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Italy (Rome, Florence, and Venice)
Who has the worst temper?
Both our tempers are terrible to behold when we're pushed.
Who does the cooking?
Matt's actually done the majority of the cooking since he came home from Iraq.
Who is the neat-freak?
Let's just put it this way: I am a much nicer person when he puts away his socks. And wipes down the kitchen counters. And makes the house look like nobody really lives here.
Who is more stubborn?
I am.
Who hogs the bed?
The animals.
Who wakes up earlier?
Matt. He lets Molly out first thing in the morning, gets breakfast for both animals, and does a lot of his school work before I roll out of bed at 7 a.m.
Where was your first date?
To see Mission: Impossible...in 1996.
Who is more jealous?
This information is protected by the therapist-client privilege.
How long did it take to get serious?
We had to get through puberty first.
Who eats more?
Him, no question. He eats an ungodly amount. I frequently forget to eat.
Who does the laundry?
We both do.
Who's better with the computer?
I am. Electronics make Matt REALLY angry.
Who drives when you are together?
I drive my car, Matt drives him. We usually take my car out, because I have control issues.
0 comments:
Post a Comment