Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do over?

I guess I still harbor ill-will towards Blogspot, because I've been avoiding posting blog entries (scroll back, because past entries are still randomly popping up, ridic). The Great Stomach Ulcer Incident of 2009 didn't help things. Basically, as soon as I pledged to get back on the blogging bandwagon almost three weeks ago, stabbing abdominal pains woke me up at 3 a.m.

After a quick marital debate about whether or not to head to the ER, I ended up taking a god-awful amount of pain medication. I got through the next day or two like that and finally admitted that yes, perhaps professional intervention was required. My doctor diagnosed me with peptic ulcers and put on a triple therapy antibiotic-antacid-antispastic regime, which has added up to 13 pills a day for the past ten days.

How ironic that I get this NOW, when my life is the least stressful it's been in almost five years.

In other news, Matt started back at school and is already working hard. His first semester grades are kick ass, so he's pretty pumped. I think he's aiming for valedictorian, the show-off. We're signing up for a SCUBA class in February so we can hopefully do some diving when we head to Honduras and Belize in March. Matt just needs to renew his certification, since it's been a few years. He was certified as an Advanced Open Sea diver (I think?), so hopefully I can get to that level before we go to Australia (either December of 2009 or 2010).

Lots more updates to be had, as well as pictures from the past few weeks!

1 comments:

Maggie C. said...

I always wondered why I would get headaches on the weekends and after work, and wondered how my personal life was causing me so much stress & grief...until someone pointed out that the headaches were most likely due to work stress...but that my body knew it had to keep moving through the day/week, and finally when it was time to relax, well, it would let loose with those God-awful tension headaches. So, your ulcer problem may be similar...But GOD do I know how you were feeling, re: stabbing abdominal pain. There's nothing worse, in my book! I think after my own episodes (mine turned out to be IBS--yeah, stress works in mysterious ways!), childbirth is going to be a breeze!

Hope you're feeling better soon!!