Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YES, WE DID!

Obama won Virginia and then swept the whole west coast and he doesn't seem to have won this election so much as OWNED THE FUCK OUT OF IT and Rachel Maddow is tearing up on national television and I might start sobbing and/or throw up from excitement at any moment.


Holy shit, you guys. I didn't want to say this before (because I guess part of me must believe in jinxes or something), but I was a little worried. Maybe even a lot worried. I'm sorry I didn't have more faith. I've never, ever been ashamed of being American, but for the first time in longer than I care to recall, I'm genuinely PROUD. Good job, citizens!

Much rejoicing in the Miller household tonight...

1 comments:

Sara said...

Ours too :-) Even from a distance. Best speech i've ever heard and I cried a few happy tears. I gotta say I'm excited about the next 4 years! I am even sleeping better!