Thursday, November 6, 2008

Amen

"I believe one day a 'ban on gay marriage' will sound totally ridiculous. In the meantime, I will continue to speak out for equality for all of us. - Ellen DeGeneres

If you live in California or know anybody who does, please sign this petition asking Governor Schwarzenegger to reopen Prop 8.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yes, it was a sad day in American History today. I have a feeling this will happen in our lifetime though. People are always looking for someone to persecute.

Shana said...

Do you know what happens to the people who did get married (like Ellen & Portia)? Is it just null and void or do they remain 'married'?

That's one for your WTF Wednesday.. a minor can get an abortion without parental consent but, a gay couple can't get married?!?! California got it ALL wrong! :(

Bana said...

I've heard conflicting information - some outlets are saying that a constitutional amendment will retroactively null the marriages while others are saying already existing gay marriages will be grandfathered into the system. :(