Eight hours in the car on Saturday.
Eight hours back on Sunday.
107 degree weather.
One dangerously overheating dog.
Two very uncomfortable doggy parents.
The best damn baby shower. Ever.
We made the mistake of leaving North Carolina at 10 a.m. on Saturday, which meant we were driving through the hottest parts of the day. It was truly painful and probably quite dangerous. We stopped in Virginia to buy bags of ice to cool the car down, but only managed to make the car wet (and smelly for the return trip).
I would not have made the trip for any other reason than cousin Lara's baby shower. My mom and I hosted and celebrated Baby Q's long awaited arrival. Matt, Molly and I hit the road right after the shower and rolled into our garage around 1 a.m. today. We were tired, but at least the sun was down for the majority of the drive.
Now, on to the madness of the next two weeks...
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment